CTO (Co-Founder) & Lead Full Stack Developer
Development of an educational platform, which facilitates the connection of learning and teaching by hosting nearby tutors for ease of access.
- Co-founded and developed the Oiika platform.
- Architected and deployed the Oiika infrastructure throughout a host of backend platforms including Amazon's AWS, Heroku, and GitLab for a seamless CI/CD implementation.
- Worked with a team of 3 developers to design, develop, and create the Oiika web application, which is built in React.js, Redux, Express.js, and hosted on Heroku and AWS.
- Created a RESTful API with over 100 CRUD operations to relational MongoDB database built on Express.js utilizing technologies such as: JWT, Passport.js, Chai, Mocha, and Winston.
- Ensured intended CRUD operational outcomes along with optimal code coverage by writing unit, integration and end-to-end tests using the mocha testing environment, chai assertion library, and Istanbul code coverage tool.
- Designed and developed the mobile friendly web application built on React.js, Redux, and Express.js consisting of 30+ stateless components, 10+ basic components, and 10+ interactive components.
- Implemented core features such as the dynamic (AirBnB style) tutor search, tutor (Facebook style) profile pages, profile setup wizard, and the ‘book a tutor’ flow, which includes payment handling, escrow, and checkout services.
- Worked with Heroku, AWS EC2 and AWS S3 to manage development and production clusters across multiple availability zones.
- Mapped and implemented the CI/CD pipeline for the continuous test-driven deployment of the development, staging, and production versions of the API server and web application.