AI Hub Applied Researcher / Principal Investigator
Durham College's AI/HUB
Click here for my researcher profile
As an applied researcher/principal investigator, I managed industry-centric projects from start to finish for clients including inception of a mutually agreed upon, scoped plan of work. Per-project based tasks included project scoping, workplan definition, budget establishment, conducting interviews, hiring students as Research Assistants, and guiding them throughout the duration of projects to ensure quality research and successful completion of proposed project outcomes.
- Led the first 2 projects under the AI Hub umbrella and have completed 12 different AI-related projects to date.
- Developed in-house AI-infused solutions to help facilitate learning and knowledge retention such as a resources site (https://ai-resources.netlify.com/resources) and a graph theory networking site (https://aihub-graph.netlify.com).
- Created 5 different boot camps for students and research assistants covering a plethora of AI-related topics including: Data Science, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, and Computer Vision. Each boot camp includes roughly 10 lessons with over 50 students having completed at least one of the boot camps. (https://dc-aihub.github.io/)
- Awarded the Outstanding Faculty Researcher Award for the year of 2017 at Research Day.
- Delivered the keynote presentation for the 3rd annual GeekSpeak 36-hour hackathon (https://geekspeakcommerce.com/hackforgood/).
- Gave technical and practical AI-related guest lectures and talks at a variety of venues including the Ajax-Pickering Board of Trade, IITAC Lecture Series, Ryerson University, and UOIT.
Interactive chat-based customer service bot.
- Precise ParkLink · Jan. 2018 – Jun. 2019
Sports-based achievement platform with recommender systems.
- Epic Sports Memories – Achieve-Itz · Jun. 2018 – Apr. 2019
Mobile application with voice interaction capabilities.
- Sultan of Samosas · Sep. 2018 – Mar. 2019
Mobile application with future user location prediction for accident prevention.
- WeTraq Inc. · May 2018 – Dec. 2018
- Android Studio, Java, Python, TensorFlow, Keras
Web application for providing users with AI assisted treatment plans.
- uBioDiscovery · Jan. 2018 – May 2018